Life According to Mrs. Cruz

Friday, February 27, 2004

First Day

Last night was rough. First, having to say goodbye to my parents at the airport was emotionally draining. Second, trying to talk with the customs officer while wiping tears was embarassing. Third, sitting by myself in the terminal waiting for my departing flight, the reality of leaving home instantly hit me. Finally, despite the plane ride being smooth most of the way, it was scary towards the end. The plane hit a pocket of turbulence on the way down and I thought that I was gonna die. After months of waiting to start a new life in San Fran, here it's all going to end before I even get there.

I arrived at the airport with my husband waiting for me outside of the security check. Picture Ed with a sign, "Welcome Home Tina!!" in one hand and in the other, flowers and a balloon that read "Happy Anniversary". [I thought, "Hmm...what a freak!" and told him so. Nevertheless it's the thought that counts]. At the same time his big Colgate smile was flashing all the new arrivals. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. So I laughed, holding back my tears. He would want to see my smile too.

Today we went shopping for beddings and watched the Passion of Christ. Shopping was fine. The movie was more emotional than I expected. So, once again...puffy eyes. We came home to have a nice family (extended family) dinner. What a full house! It was nice to come home to. What a perfect event for transition into this new life. (But I talked to my mom tonight and I still miss my family.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home