Life According to Mrs. Cruz

Monday, April 25, 2005

Question

Do you wash your dishes with hot or cold water?

This is obviously a question for those who still don't use their dishwasher. I only use ours when guests are over. I prefer to handwash. Yup, I'm crazy.

13 Comments:

  • definately hot for dishes, and cold for laundry...

    By Blogger Mel, at 1:31 PM  

  • I do cold for laundry too all the time. Can't risk running colours!

    By Blogger mrs cruz, at 1:52 PM  

  • sorry...i'm dishwasher friendly! but when i do wash, i use warm.

    By Blogger cristina, at 3:09 PM  

  • I used a dishwasher for the first time EVER this weekend. our new one :) I always think that I save water by doing it by hand (although the Sears lady tells me it only costs $0.17 to run it). But when I wash dishes, I use warm water.

    I used to wash cold for our laundry, but now the setting on our washer do warm/cold. maybe i should change it!

    By Blogger bev, at 4:34 PM  

  • I use hot - sometimes almost too hot.

    They say it is good to use the dishwasher for sanitary reasons (sponges collect bacteria) - and the dishwasher can run hotter than you can ever wash by hand.

    By Blogger Gary, at 11:04 PM  

  • Kids clothes, cottons (sweats, damoomoo's g-string- cuz i ain't doin that by hand ever again!) in warm water. Dishes: as hot as my hands can handle. I learned in Foods class (back in Jr. High) that the hot water kills the germs! I definitely wash our work clothes in cold or the dry cleaners.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:52 AM  

  • Gary - put your sponges in with the dishwasher to kill the bacteria

    Laurie - you washed damoomoo's g-strings????! By hand???!

    By Blogger Mel, at 11:33 AM  

  • definitely hot for dishes...i can't use a dishwasher..doesn't make me feel like my dishes are "really clean".

    By Blogger AngelicaJaide, at 2:38 PM  

  • I posted a question here. You'd be surprised at how active this board is.

    gardenweb forum

    By Blogger Gary, at 4:12 PM  

  • hot for dishes. cold for laundry.

    always use the dishwasher however.

    By Blogger double R, at 7:12 PM  

  • geez, i'm opposite most people. Laundry - hot for whites, cold for darks. Warm/hot water for dishes when I do it by hand, but mostly I use the dishwasher.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:59 PM  

  • I can't believe the response on this one. Thanks for the input guys!

    We never had a dishwasher when I was growing up in Vancouver. Even if we did have one, my Mom and Dad would prefer to wash by hand anyway. There are even at least four or five people living in our house still. We were always told to wash our own dishes.

    Oh Laurie... John's g-string?? Yikes!

    By Blogger mrs cruz, at 8:21 AM  

  • Hey Nick, don't you? I still do.

    By Blogger Big Sexy, at 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home