Life According to Mrs. Cruz

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The Impala

I got a new ride!

Well, not really. I guess I never posted this before, but we got rear-ended a week and a half ago. All of us were in the car and we were all ok. But there was obviously some damage to the dear old rear of the silver bullet. The bumper is being replaced and will be in the car hospital for the next couple of days. In the meantime, we have a 2004 Impala as our rental vehicle.

This is a fast ride (faster than my Civic anyway). What's even crazier is that the speedometer on the thing is not working properly. It doesn't rest at zero when you are stopped. The arrow fluctuates between 40 and 90 mph. Basically you never know what speed you are actually going and it's pretty scary. It's such a smooth ride, you don't even know that you are going crazy fast. Just ask Ed, we had fun driving it to Sacramento yesterday. He's lucky he didn't get a speeding ticket. Any way, I may try to get it replaced today if I have the time after work. I just don't feel safe not knowing how fast I am really going.

2 Comments:

  • ...especially with the baby. Plus, take it from me, speeding tickets are EXPENSIVE!

    By Blogger Mur, at 4:34 PM  

  • ah, no guts no glory. Just ask Ed about the time we were down in LA and we rented a chevy monte carlo, I was doing 90 on the 405 and didn't even know it. Crazy thing was, I seemed to be going just as fast as everyone else's

    By Blogger Big Sexy, at 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home