M.I.A.
I have been sick. I haven't been this sick in a long time. When I talked to Manok Friday night, he told me I sounded "post-Brazil". I didn't even get too sick from Brazil. But this cold hit me and Isaac hard. So Daddy had to take care of both of us.
Today is my first day back at work. My nose is still stuffy and I am blowing it every two minutes. But at least I have my energy back.
I took last Thursday and Friday off because I just didn't get enough sleep the previous nights. If I wasn't up blowing my nose or struggling to breathe, it was Isaac who woke up crying with a stuffy nose and was struggling to breathe. we both went to our doctors on Friday morning to make sure it wasn't anything serious. Sure enough, it wasn't. But I did get the okay to take Sudafed to help me sleep better.
I've been pretty exhausted since my Mom left since we don't have the extra help anymore (Right now, she's enjoying herself with my dad on the Mediterranean possibly drinking margaritas and devouring the buffet...so jealous.) I've also picked up a temporary part-time job the past two weekends so it was nice to have last Thursday and Friday off even though I was sick. Last night I fell asleep with Isaac when I put him to bed. Ed woke me up two times to get up to change for bed but both times I acknowledged him but just went back to sleep. Eventually, I did get the energy to get up and get ready for bed but then it was hard for me to sleep.
I hope this week is better.
I was also supposed to go home to Vancouver this past weekend to join in the festivities for Ms. Pernia’s big day. (Belated Happy Day!) I would also have liked to go to Caleb’s first birthday too! But the good news is I’ll be home in a week and a half for Jeanette and Rodney’s big day! The countdown begins…
Today is my first day back at work. My nose is still stuffy and I am blowing it every two minutes. But at least I have my energy back.
I took last Thursday and Friday off because I just didn't get enough sleep the previous nights. If I wasn't up blowing my nose or struggling to breathe, it was Isaac who woke up crying with a stuffy nose and was struggling to breathe. we both went to our doctors on Friday morning to make sure it wasn't anything serious. Sure enough, it wasn't. But I did get the okay to take Sudafed to help me sleep better.
I've been pretty exhausted since my Mom left since we don't have the extra help anymore (Right now, she's enjoying herself with my dad on the Mediterranean possibly drinking margaritas and devouring the buffet...so jealous.) I've also picked up a temporary part-time job the past two weekends so it was nice to have last Thursday and Friday off even though I was sick. Last night I fell asleep with Isaac when I put him to bed. Ed woke me up two times to get up to change for bed but both times I acknowledged him but just went back to sleep. Eventually, I did get the energy to get up and get ready for bed but then it was hard for me to sleep.
I hope this week is better.
I was also supposed to go home to Vancouver this past weekend to join in the festivities for Ms. Pernia’s big day. (Belated Happy Day!) I would also have liked to go to Caleb’s first birthday too! But the good news is I’ll be home in a week and a half for Jeanette and Rodney’s big day! The countdown begins…

3 Comments:
no wonder you've been blog slacking! :) hope you feel better!
By
bev, at 11:35 AM
Feel Better
By
Mur, at 6:48 PM
Drugs are goooooood. Feel better soon! It's amazing how many times kids get sick -- my office mate has 2 daughters and she's sick *all* the time.
By
VirtualErn, at 10:41 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home