Life According to Mrs. Cruz

Monday, August 22, 2005

Life Back to Normal

Being back has been great. I am totally valuing my 8+ hours of sleep a night. I don't think I even got that before I left for Brazil. But since being back, bedtime for the Cruz family has been no later than 9pm. We are up and kicking it at 7:30am.

This past weekend we were in Vallejo and got to spend some quality time with the Camino family. It was fun to go window shopping with Mira. She's just as bad as me. She'll window shop forever and not buy a thing. She scored by returning a couple of things to Bebe that she had bought a long time ago and never wore and ended up with a hefty gift receipt. We ate at Red Robin's and Isaac just loved being around Isabella. He even gave her a big hug. They were too cute. Isabella would not let go of his hand everytime he was walking around the mall.

Speaking of walking, Isaac has definitely mastered it. Before we left for Brazil, he had just started venturing out on his own and when we came back he was practically running. This trip to the mall was the first time we let him walk around in a public place. Boy, does he move fast. Ed and I were having a hard time keeping up with him. If you turned your head for a split second, he would be out of sight. If you tried to keep a hand on his shoulder or tried to grab his hand at some points, he would refuse. It made me realize how difficult it is going to be to keep up with him, as a toddler, especially with another baby on the way. I don't think I will ever see public places without a companion ever again. I don't know how Mighty Mom does it. You'll have to share some pointers with me one day.

As for the rest of the weekend, it was pretty much spent in front of the TV catching old movies and MTV reality shows. I never appreciated the TV so much. But at least I know I can live without it for 2 weeks. Can't wait for Laguna Beach tonight.

3 Comments:

  • Sometimes you go out of your mind trying to keep up... then you find ways/where you know you can handle it. Restaurants.. only loud ones with someone else to help. Malls, when they aren't too crowded. And of course the double stroller!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:43 PM  

  • You should see Mighty Dad in action. Those boys are all over the place but I still keep em in check.

    By Blogger DJ John, at 3:51 PM  

  • Just as long as you don't use tethers -- I hate seeing parents that resort to that. Let yo' child run free!!! Free like the wind!! Wow, Isaac is growing up so fast -- blink of an eye and he'll be reading books.

    By Blogger VirtualErn, at 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home