Life According to Mrs. Cruz

Monday, July 25, 2005

The Weekend

Well, the nausea has settled down a little bit. I think it's because I've been pampering myself lately. A haircut and shopping can do wonders!

Like I said, I finally got a haircut last Friday. I really wanted to go to a nice, fancy salon (and was willing to spend up to $50) but just settled for a $15 cut at MasterCuts in the mall. I hardly said anything to the girl about what kind of style I wanted but did get to show her how much I wanted cut off. I couldn't believe I neglected my hair for so long. It was actually way past my bra strap already. The lady managed to do a pretty good job for fifteen bucks! I thought that I would be walking out crying (like Isaac). The only problem now is it's going to take a little more work putting it into a bun for performances. I'll have to use a lot of gel and hairspray.

On Saturday, we went to Valley Fair in San Jose. I love that mall! I was looking for a top to wear under my black blazer for our Brazil uniform and managed to find one at Banana. The best part was that it was on sale for $12! Woo hoo! Scored! I also bought a new petticoat because Ate War loves the fuller ones better. I felt like a bride again going into a bridal store. I almost wanted to try on the dresses just for fun. Hehehehe. I also found the perfect two piece bathing suit at Macy's. But I couldn't justify buying it for $60 and it was already on sale! It was really hard leaving the store without it, so the hunt goes on for the perfect bathing suit for a semi-prego body. I guess the whole shopping trip was Brazil related because we were looking for stuff to wear for the trip. Ed was also on the lookout for the perfect black shirt to wear as part of his uniform but didn't have much luck.

So the nausea has subsided temporarily but the migraines have returned. I totally remember these headaches when I was pregnant with Isaac. The just wouldn't go away for hours. Sunday morning at 6am I got it and couldn't go back to sleep. I got up at 7 and took a shower and got ready since we had to be at rehearsal early. It was also costume distribution day. Rehearsal was tiring because it was so long. But I have to admit, we do need it. This was our second to last practice and some people were still missing. I got yelled at and got really mad at myself for screwing up my fan. I don't get it... I always got fan with KP... Aaarrrgghhh! I know I have to practice. One thing I am proud of was doing Pandango for the first time. I managed to dance without the glass falling off my head! Phew! Being a short girl, I've never had to do Pandango for performances.

After rehearsal a bunch of us went to Sinugba for dinner. Thanks guys for going again even though we were there last Sunday too. By the time we got home, Isaac was out like a light. He even slept through his sponge bath. I had a migraine again and got pampered by my wonderful husband. We briefly watched TV and went to sleep. I think I was out by the time my head hit the pillow.

6 Comments:

  • don't worry tina, your fan will be FINE - just remember not to throw it up in the air on 2nd entrance...:)

    By Blogger cristina, at 9:50 AM  

  • it's that 'small scoop, big scoop' thing that screws us up, I remember when he first changed it we couldn't get it!! but don't worry, i think we were all together that last time we did it :)

    By Blogger bev, at 10:10 AM  

  • Hahahaha... I still remember that. It wasn't my fault the curtain was in my way. That was my first ever fan performance. Ah, the memories.

    By Blogger mrs cruz, at 10:11 AM  

  • Ah, Bev, so there is a slight difference from the way KP does it!

    By Blogger mrs cruz, at 10:12 AM  

  • victoria secret is having their annual swimsuit sale perhaps they'll have pea in the pod sizes :) - yvette

    By Blogger triple5funk, at 6:53 AM  

  • wow you're fan!!!

    By Blogger double R, at 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home