Wrapping up the Week
First off, thanks everyone for the well wishes! I have been feeling extra nauseated this week and have been eating low sodium crackers and ice chips all week long. I even get car sick when I am not driving! The nausea seems to always hit me the hardest at exactly 2:30 and lasts until dinner time. I guess I should be thankful it doesn't last all day. Right now, I have a strong aversion to chicken. I can't even think about it, let alone smell it! Aaarrgghh!!
On Monday, I had my first OB/GYN visit and the doctor says that everything looks okay so far. I am supposed to go for an ultrasound sometime soon to make sure the baby is actually there and everything good inside. We are planning to find out the sex of this one just so we can plan accordingly. Our doctor said i could have another ultrasound at five months to find out. I can't wait! Ya'll know what I am praying for! Regardless of the sex though, I hope the baby is healthy.
Tuesday, we decided to check out Costco for items for Isaac's party. I wanted to make sure I was getting good deals on the food. I was comparing prices with Albertson's. So far, Costco is winning. So, we'll be buying the rest of the food next week. Our freezer is already full of meats for the BBQ and we need to get MORE!
On Wednesday, Isaac and I met with his playgroup. One of the boys is turning one. We had a nice little picnic at Lake Elizabeth. One of my friends also brought along her neighbor and her 2 year old son. I freaked out when her son decided to push Isaac when they were both playing with a toy. The little kid yelled, "SHARE!" as he pushed Isaac on his chest and sent him falling backwards on to another little girl. Thank goodness Isaac landed on her! Otherwise, his head would have hit the pavement. I was in shock but it didn't seem to phase Isaac. The little boy's mom was so embarrassed and made him apologize. Of course we accepted his apology but I kept a close eye on both of them for the rest of the day. In the evening, most of the Moms met up for another MNO. We enjoyed drinks and dnner at Olive Garden. It was fun! But I couldn't find the right time to say that I was pregnant. Oh well, I'll tell them next week.
Thursday, we had our weekly dinner at the in-laws. Isaac happily munched on rice and sweet & sour pork. He's been so picky with his food lately. He hardly ever eats his baby food anymore. I enjoyed the blueberries and ice cream for desert. Mmmm...mmmm... good! I had my first craving last night. CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! The Mrs. Field's kind, soft and chewy. It would be a bonus if it was fresh! But it was too late to get it! I hope I can get one today!
Today we have no definite plans. I would like to do laundry and actually unpack our bags from Canada. I think there is rondalla rehearsal tonight so we're probably heading out to Chateau. As for the weekend, we're going to the San Jose Flea market to try and get a pinata for Isaac's party. We also have a party to attend in Vallejo. On Sunday, we are trying to make it out to the VV for Mighty Mom's and Damomoo's BBQ. Till next week people!
Oh yeah, HAPPY CANADA DAY to all my Canucks!
On Monday, I had my first OB/GYN visit and the doctor says that everything looks okay so far. I am supposed to go for an ultrasound sometime soon to make sure the baby is actually there and everything good inside. We are planning to find out the sex of this one just so we can plan accordingly. Our doctor said i could have another ultrasound at five months to find out. I can't wait! Ya'll know what I am praying for! Regardless of the sex though, I hope the baby is healthy.
Tuesday, we decided to check out Costco for items for Isaac's party. I wanted to make sure I was getting good deals on the food. I was comparing prices with Albertson's. So far, Costco is winning. So, we'll be buying the rest of the food next week. Our freezer is already full of meats for the BBQ and we need to get MORE!
On Wednesday, Isaac and I met with his playgroup. One of the boys is turning one. We had a nice little picnic at Lake Elizabeth. One of my friends also brought along her neighbor and her 2 year old son. I freaked out when her son decided to push Isaac when they were both playing with a toy. The little kid yelled, "SHARE!" as he pushed Isaac on his chest and sent him falling backwards on to another little girl. Thank goodness Isaac landed on her! Otherwise, his head would have hit the pavement. I was in shock but it didn't seem to phase Isaac. The little boy's mom was so embarrassed and made him apologize. Of course we accepted his apology but I kept a close eye on both of them for the rest of the day. In the evening, most of the Moms met up for another MNO. We enjoyed drinks and dnner at Olive Garden. It was fun! But I couldn't find the right time to say that I was pregnant. Oh well, I'll tell them next week.
Thursday, we had our weekly dinner at the in-laws. Isaac happily munched on rice and sweet & sour pork. He's been so picky with his food lately. He hardly ever eats his baby food anymore. I enjoyed the blueberries and ice cream for desert. Mmmm...mmmm... good! I had my first craving last night. CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! The Mrs. Field's kind, soft and chewy. It would be a bonus if it was fresh! But it was too late to get it! I hope I can get one today!
Today we have no definite plans. I would like to do laundry and actually unpack our bags from Canada. I think there is rondalla rehearsal tonight so we're probably heading out to Chateau. As for the weekend, we're going to the San Jose Flea market to try and get a pinata for Isaac's party. We also have a party to attend in Vallejo. On Sunday, we are trying to make it out to the VV for Mighty Mom's and Damomoo's BBQ. Till next week people!
Oh yeah, HAPPY CANADA DAY to all my Canucks!

6 Comments:
i heard ginger candy helps with nausea:
http://www.morningsicknesshelp.com/ginger.html
unless you don't like ginger :) i eat this stuff anyway (good for the throat!)
By
bev, at 9:24 AM
oh, and they sell this stuff at trader joe's.
By
bev, at 9:24 AM
sniffing orange peel is supposed to help, too, but I never tried it...isn't it funny howmorning sickness always hits hardest when the news becomes official?
By
Mel, at 9:44 AM
Believe it or not I actually lost while I was preggie w/ Mio cuz I get nauseated at night w/ no appetite to eat dinner (my biggest meal)! Too bad morning sickness only lasted 3 months!
If you don't like ginger, like I did...just make ginger tea and let it sit near you *i was okay just by smelling it
By
Anonymous, at 10:15 AM
ugh! morning sickness that can last all day... how i soooo NOT miss it. when i got pregnant last year there was a couple of times i thought i was going to upchuck on BART on my way to work. yup, don't miss those days at all. good luck to you!! do the ginger thing, and the lavender thing, and the hocuspocus and abracadabra and whatever else to get through that lovely part of the trimester. :-)
(don't forget to moisturize! i didn't use anything... so now i still have stretchmarks!! yech!)
my juju is excited to dress in cowgirl outfit for next week. "mom! i need to buy boots!!" i have to admit, i'm really excited too! i gotta find a hat! woohoo!
By
laragitara, at 12:02 PM
LG - you were pregnant last year?
By
Mel, at 10:36 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home