Life According to Mrs. Cruz

Monday, June 27, 2005

Back to the Grind

Oh yes, I am back to work. I didn't start off the morning very well either. I quickly realized this morning that I should be up earlier than 7:30am to get to work by 8am. I think I hit every red light on my way to work. I got in and tried to type in my password into my computer and it rejected. What the f@$#? After several more tries, it locked out and I couldn't log in anymore. Great! The guys who fix this don't get in until 11:00am. What am I going to do? I checked voice mails and sifted through some paper work until y boss came in. I ended up talking to her for about a half hour or so about my vacation and then explained my predicament. She told me to check with another person to get my passwords re-set. He helped me out and I was up and running by 10:30am. Now I am back to my daily collection calls, faxing, blog reading and e-mail checking. I have been so behind with blogs and emails since leaving. I guess you've noticed since my entries have been slow these past couple of weeks and I haven't been reading or returning much emails. But have no fear, I am back!

The weekend was busy as usual... I don't see any signs of them slowing down either.

Saturday
- 7:30am. Woke up early to catch our flight at 11:00am. We were at the airport by 9:00am only to find out that the flight was delayed until 1:30pm. What the...? Mom and Dad hung out with Isaac and I for a couple of hours and then we checked in. Getting through customs was a pain becasue I still had all my luggage with me and my cart was filled with crap. As I am going to talk to the customs officer, a bag falls and all of the Tim bits I wanted to enjoy on the flight home, fell to the ground. How embarassing! Good thing is, Isaac was asleep most of the flight home! What a good baby!
- 3:45pm, we arrived at SFO. I love reuniting with my husband at the airport. He was glad to see us too. There was minor traffic on the way home. But we had to be at his cousin's 18th B-day party in Emeryville by 6:00pm.
- 5:00pm, back at home. What a great feeling! Thanks babe for cleaning up. There's nothing like coming home to a clean house. Took a shower and got ready for Jamie's big bash.
- 6:30pm, get to Emeryville in time to meet and greet family. It was semi-good food. I was looking for potatoes to go with my roast beef. It just isn't the same without it. ed's family put together a cool slideshow and a 1/2 hour show called The House of Flying Lumpias. It was pretty funny. Isaac and Ed got leading roles in it.
- 10:00pm, arrive at home again and prepare to sleep. phew, the plan was to sleep early and sleep in the next morning. Although, Isaac had a difficul time adjusting to his crib again. He woke up so many times throughout the night. Around 2:00am or 3:00am, I decided just to put him in bed with us so we could all get some sleep. Poor Ed, Isaac kicked him in the neck a couple of times. That kid sure does move around when he sleeps!

Sunday
- 10:00am, wake up feeling refreshed. It feels good to sleep in! Ed made us breakfast. We enjoyed the longsilog!
- 11:00am, showered and got ready for practice. We thought it started at 12:00pm. We were on the road by 12:00. I was feeling anxious about going to the studio because of the shootings. My stomach was turning the whole way. just before leaving, I get a call from Mira reminding me about her birthday lunch TODAY! Doh!!! I totally forgot to tell her I couldn't go. She gave me a guilt trip and I promised I would make it up to her. but I still felt REALLY bad. Boo!
- 12:30pm, arrived at rehearsal. Pretty creepy. I didn't want to go in just incase no one was there. So I made Ed call someone to make sure practice started at 12:00pm. Angelo confirmed practice was at 1:00pm. Grrrr... oh well, at least we were on time. The Baula sisters were early too and they were feelig nervous about going in as well.
- 12:55, Ed decides to go up to check if anyone was there. Ate War and Ninang were there already. Ate War sprinkled some Holy water on the area where the people died and that made me feel better. Practice was okay, except for the fact that a lot of people were missing. It's crunch time again for Brazil, we only have 4 more rehearsals left. We'll be feeling the pressure in a couple of weeks, that's for sure. I did have a nice discussion with Bev and Gary about babies. I hope they make the right decision for them. :)
- 3:30, left rehearsal early to go to David's baptism back in Fremont. David is the little boy I baby-sit a couple of days a week.
- 4:30, took us longer than expected to get back to Fremont. But we did have some semi-good food again. There was roast beef again but still NO POTATOES! What the ...? Roast beef and rice is just the same. I don't care if I'm Filipino. Rice does not go with everything! Most of Ed's high school friends have kids now, it cool to get all them together. Two more are on the way. Whew! The next Christmas party is gonna be crazy!
- 6:00pm, trek over to a Maganito gathering for a graduation and despidida. More food. I only enjoyed the deserts and by the end I was feeling queasy. I just wanted to go home and rest!
- 7:45pm, made a stop at Target to pick up baby food. This was the first in and out stop I have ever made at Target. You can easily get distracted in there. I just wanted to go home!
- 8:30pm, got isaac ready for bed and he was knocked out by 9:00pm. I enjoyed the rest of the night lounging with the hubby in front of the television.
- 10:30, SLEEP!

I hope I can recuperate the rest of the week. I feel like being at work is a little more relaxing. Strange, huh?

4 Comments:

  • oh tina...your comments about potatoes kill me! i miss you already :)

    btw - sunday 7:45pm target - i guess this means you paid my bill for me? thanks again! :)

    By Blogger cristina, at 12:45 PM  

  • thanks for the talk :) i think we've come closer to a decision!

    By Blogger bev, at 1:38 PM  

  • Jamie's 18???? Damn!

    Who are the two babies that are on the way?

    By Blogger Mur, at 4:00 PM  

  • When I'm stressed out at home, I find relaxation in actually hanging out at work...you're not alone.

    By Blogger Mel, at 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home