A Canadian Visitor
On Thursday night, Pernia arrived from Vancouver. Right away, we had Likha duties and she came with us to the Asian Art Museum for a rondalla performance. She was supposed to perform with the rondalla but backed out last minute (I’ll let her explain why). But afterwards we all went out to eat at Osha with the rest of the gang. That night was the start of a fun weekend with her and Likha.
On Friday, she made her cupcakes and I made lasagna for Likha’s rondalla rehearsal. We decided to go to the Great Mall afterwards to check out some stores. Unfortunately we didn’t do any shopping damage. But we did enjoy a Cold Stone ice cream! When we came home, people started to trickle in for practice and for some good eats. We also convinced Bev and Manok to come shopping with us the next day.
On Saturday, we went shopped the day away at Gilroy. Yup, I was there again! But I was there for Cris, Bev and Manok. For the first couple of hours we didn’t but anything! By the end of the day, we were happy with what we bought. Some of use even made the same purchases. =) On the way home, Isaac was having too much fun with Uncle Manok and Auntie Bev. He just wouldn't stop giggling, but eventually winded down for a nap in the car!
Sunday was Likha rehearsal, as usual. It was okay, but I think we definitely need some brushing up to do before we get to Vancouver. Afterwards, a bunch of us went to Sinugba for a farewell get together for Cristina. We enjoyed our silogs, halo-halo, and deep fried banana with ice cream… mmmm my mouth is watering thinking of all the food. Good food and good company!
So she left this morning and I am feeling blue because it was sure fun having her around (as a ya-ya…j/k). It was nice to have a good friend around and enjoy her company like old times. I guess I felt like my old self again. Not that I am any different now, but I think you know what I mean. It almost felt like it wasn’t really a visit at all but like she actually lived here. If only I could convince her to move. I don’t think I would have to twist her arm.
Oh yeah... Happy Victoria Day, Canadian friends!
On Friday, she made her cupcakes and I made lasagna for Likha’s rondalla rehearsal. We decided to go to the Great Mall afterwards to check out some stores. Unfortunately we didn’t do any shopping damage. But we did enjoy a Cold Stone ice cream! When we came home, people started to trickle in for practice and for some good eats. We also convinced Bev and Manok to come shopping with us the next day.
On Saturday, we went shopped the day away at Gilroy. Yup, I was there again! But I was there for Cris, Bev and Manok. For the first couple of hours we didn’t but anything! By the end of the day, we were happy with what we bought. Some of use even made the same purchases. =) On the way home, Isaac was having too much fun with Uncle Manok and Auntie Bev. He just wouldn't stop giggling, but eventually winded down for a nap in the car!
Sunday was Likha rehearsal, as usual. It was okay, but I think we definitely need some brushing up to do before we get to Vancouver. Afterwards, a bunch of us went to Sinugba for a farewell get together for Cristina. We enjoyed our silogs, halo-halo, and deep fried banana with ice cream… mmmm my mouth is watering thinking of all the food. Good food and good company!
So she left this morning and I am feeling blue because it was sure fun having her around (as a ya-ya…j/k). It was nice to have a good friend around and enjoy her company like old times. I guess I felt like my old self again. Not that I am any different now, but I think you know what I mean. It almost felt like it wasn’t really a visit at all but like she actually lived here. If only I could convince her to move. I don’t think I would have to twist her arm.
Oh yeah... Happy Victoria Day, Canadian friends!

5 Comments:
it was a fun weekend! :) thanks for driving us to gilroy (as if i'm too far to go back, hehe)!
By
bev, at 4:47 PM
oh tina...miss you guys already! i even saved a pic of isaac in my sunglasses as my phone wallpaper!! haha. it was so great to hang again...just like old times! you are missed so much here but i can see why you are so happy there! and isaac can call me yaya anytime...at least that way he'll remember me. =)
By
cristina, at 5:28 PM
Yeah, it was a fun albeit tiring weekend.
By
Big Sexy, at 9:09 PM
i wanna come and visit too!!!
By
double R, at 10:18 PM
Oh Randy, you should have come with her! You are always welcome at our house!
By
mrs cruz, at 11:04 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home