The Birthday Party
Organizing a birthday party for our little one was a bit stressful but definitely well worth it. It was the first time the hubby and I really hosted a big party all on our own. We had to do it for our little bubba as he reaches a very important milestone in his life. I am not too sure of the actual number of people that came to his party but it was definitely successful.
The biggest worry was... will there be enough food? We stressed over what to cook, what would be easiest, what would be cheapest, etc. I would have to say that we had plenty of food for everyone (enough for lunch and dinner). The second worry was... will there be enough room in our house? Luckily people came and went as the day progressed and everyone found their "spot" in the room. My third worry was... how do we keep the kids entertained? I had a couple games up my sleeve and with the help of Melissa and Mikee, I think the kids were happy. The best was the pinata. There is something about hitting a big paper mache figure with a stick that drives kids mad! Ed and I couldn't get over that glassed look in their eye as they hit Woody with a stick. It was too funny. Woody took quite a few punches before actually giving up the goods in his tummy!
Isaac sure was a trooper throughout the whole day and didn't complain once! He was happy playing with the cousins and being passed around from one person to the next. Thank goodness I didn't have to worry too much about him.
It was nice for some to make time to come to the event even though they had other things to attend to. I know a lot of our guests were either coming from another event or leaving for one. I know of one person who actually faked sick to get to our party! Hehehehe... you know who you are! Others actually spent almost the whole day with us too! It was cool to hang out and chit chat.
I saac was in bed by about 9:15pm and just knocked out! Everyone else finally left by about 9:30. We managed to finish cleaning by 11:00pm.
Thanks to everyone who came out to help us celebrate this special occasion. We had a good time. Don't know when we'll be doing it again. But I know it won't be for a while. You'll have to wait until baby #2 turns one!
(We couldn't find our camera that day and didn't have the time to look for it. I know Melissa, Gary and Rich were happily taking pictures and our cousin Jason was on video duty. When I get a hold of copies of them, I will definitely post them up!)
The biggest worry was... will there be enough food? We stressed over what to cook, what would be easiest, what would be cheapest, etc. I would have to say that we had plenty of food for everyone (enough for lunch and dinner). The second worry was... will there be enough room in our house? Luckily people came and went as the day progressed and everyone found their "spot" in the room. My third worry was... how do we keep the kids entertained? I had a couple games up my sleeve and with the help of Melissa and Mikee, I think the kids were happy. The best was the pinata. There is something about hitting a big paper mache figure with a stick that drives kids mad! Ed and I couldn't get over that glassed look in their eye as they hit Woody with a stick. It was too funny. Woody took quite a few punches before actually giving up the goods in his tummy!
Isaac sure was a trooper throughout the whole day and didn't complain once! He was happy playing with the cousins and being passed around from one person to the next. Thank goodness I didn't have to worry too much about him.
It was nice for some to make time to come to the event even though they had other things to attend to. I know a lot of our guests were either coming from another event or leaving for one. I know of one person who actually faked sick to get to our party! Hehehehe... you know who you are! Others actually spent almost the whole day with us too! It was cool to hang out and chit chat.
I saac was in bed by about 9:15pm and just knocked out! Everyone else finally left by about 9:30. We managed to finish cleaning by 11:00pm.
Thanks to everyone who came out to help us celebrate this special occasion. We had a good time. Don't know when we'll be doing it again. But I know it won't be for a while. You'll have to wait until baby #2 turns one!
(We couldn't find our camera that day and didn't have the time to look for it. I know Melissa, Gary and Rich were happily taking pictures and our cousin Jason was on video duty. When I get a hold of copies of them, I will definitely post them up!)

4 Comments:
the food at the party was soo good!! i had to make myself stop eating. thanks for having us over!
By
bev, at 11:29 AM
Feel free to link to the photos I took. When i see you guys, I'll give you a disk :-)
Look in events
By
Gary, at 1:05 PM
Thanks again, Gary!
By
mrs cruz, at 9:09 AM
that was such a fun party Tina! Jules was saying, "this is the best party ever!" as she held on to her hat full of candies. :-)
Isaac as so cute! love those photos! now you can rest, for a while.
By
laragitara, at 9:49 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home