Life According to Mrs. Cruz

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

What's in Name?

We find out the sex of the baby today. My appointment is this afternoon. I am too excited. We already know that if it is a girl, we are going to stick to the original girl name we chose before Isaac was born. Some of you may or may not know it. But we’ll find out today if we can actually use it this time.

Now, if it is a boy, I don’t know. We have different options but haven’t made a final decision yet. At least this time, we’ll find out early enough to decide on one. I remember when Isaac was born, we couldn’t decide on a middle name. The lady who had to turn in the form for his birth certificate came back so many times to our hospital room because we couldn’t make a decision.

I know, for sure, that I will be testing out all the names by saying it out loud with the Filipino accent. You know we all made the mistake of picking “Isaac”. Poor kid, I hope he isn’t traumatized in the future.

2 Comments:

  • Haha, too funny!

    Oooh how exciting! Yes, I remember the girl name quite well, hehe. Best of luck!

    By Blogger cristina, at 11:08 AM  

  • i think it's hard to pick out names that won't sound "funny" with a filipino accent. You can say almost anything with an accent, even if you think it wouldn't have one.

    take, for instance, "Beberrrleee." :)

    Everytime someone is pregnant I get paranoid they'll use the name that I picked for a girl. I better get started then, huh :)

    By Blogger bev, at 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home