Life According to Mrs. Cruz

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Everything Happens For a Reason

Three years ago, the unexpected happened. I thought my world was over forever. It was a pretty low point in my life and I never thought that I would get out of it.

But then I met someone who would change my life. He smiled at me and I completely ignored him. He was persistent and kept smiling every time he’d pass my way. Each time I was thinking, “What the heck does this guy want with me?” He finally decides to talk to me and thought he was alright. That weekend, I was on duty for a very good friend of mine and did my job as a good friend should. We all went out for a good time and this guy HAD to come along. It was a good time but I was still not fully intrigued. He made a couple of moves that didn’t impress me much but you can’t blame a guy for trying. He was still pretty persistent. You’d think it would have ended at the “cordial” hug good-bye.

But lo and behold, the emails started to be exchanged. MSN conversations were getting long. Soon another meeting was arranged to really determine if I was really interested. Then the phone calls became expensive. We both didn’t know what we were getting into but both dove in head first. Met in October, met again in November, started dating in December and married by July and again in November. Within 9 months of our first meeting, we were committed to each other forever.

November 29, 2003

It’s so strange because there were so many other times over the years where we could have met but we didn’t until that moment he smiled at me. I think God was just waiting for the perfect time for us to meet, when we were both ready for each other.

It’s only been about three years since this string of events happened but I feel like I’ve known him forever. I see this smile everyday and it’s what makes me feel blessed to have him in my life.

Today we celebrated our second wedding anniversary.

I still feel like I am in wedded bliss.

10 Comments:

  • Aww, congratulations you two! :)

    By Blogger bev, at 1:22 PM  

  • Over the Thanksgiving weekend I was thinking about that one year we took the kids on their first plane ride...to your wedding!
    Congratulations! Happy Anniversary..isn't weird how things "fall" into place as much as we fight it!?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:22 PM  

  • that was soooo sweet!!! Happy anniversary, you two!!!

    By Blogger Mel, at 2:30 PM  

  • I was there that night! What a great story ... congratulations to you and Ed.

    By Blogger ojpt, at 9:31 PM  

  • ahhh....memories....:) what a perfect story...happy anniversary again!

    p.s. peter...i can see you house from here...

    By Blogger cristina, at 10:38 PM  

  • aww ... congratulations!!

    By Blogger jcandkim, at 9:06 AM  

  • That's an awesome recount, to think how things happen. Happy Anniversary you two singing love birds, hee hee.

    miss you

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:28 AM  

  • That's an awesome recount, to think how things happen. Happy Anniversary you two singing love birds, hee hee.

    miss you

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:28 AM  

  • Happy Anniversary!

    By Blogger Mur, at 11:15 PM  

  • Happy Anniversary you two!! I had forgotten it was around Thanksgiving...

    I like that story Tina!

    LG

    By Blogger laragitara, at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home