Life According to Mrs. Cruz

Thursday, June 04, 2009

The First of Many Educational Milestones

Isaac graduated from preschool today.

Tears. Sigh.

He was so excited to receive his little certificate that he practically ran off the stage. But they did give child their moment as they received their certificates. I'll never forget the big smile he had on his face when he had his certificate in his hand. I don't even know if he fully understands what it means. But it sure does mean a lot to me.

It's just hit me that he is really growing up fast. He spent almost two years attending the Holly Community Center tot program. He's made good friends. He's had great teachers. He's learned a lot. He's reading and writing pretty well now. (I think he reads just as good as some of my 2nd graders.) I know that this is just the start of his education and he has so much more to learn.

It's amazing what kind of a sponge he has for a brain. He asks so many questions. He picks up different vocabulary. Just the other day he said, "Doh, my balls will hurt!" We asked if he even knew what the term meant and of course he said no. But the important thing was that he learned it from his friend, Dean.

Soon his innocence will fade and I'll have a mouthy teenager.

In September, he'll be joining me at my school. He'll be two classrooms away all day. I have no idea what kind of experience that will be like. But I guess I am pretty lucky to have him so close by from now on.

Congratulations, my Bubba! Looking forward to many more milestones with you....

Isaac's Preschool Graduation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home