Life According to Mrs. Cruz

Sunday, April 18, 2004

Safe home

Some of you have probably been reading Ed's blog. If you have, you know that we'v had a pretty busy week. So sorry to some of you who didn't get to see us before we left. Time was really tight. It was tough saying good-bye to the family...waterfall tears and all. I know I won't be back in Vancouver for a while.

It's weird because I still feel like I am going to be back soon but in reality that's not possible. I'll be applying for permanent residency soon and won't be able to leave the country, plus I am having the baby in July and shouldn't be doing any major travelling during the 3rd trimester. I guess now I have officially moved, car and all.

But we made it. After 18 hours of driving we managed to return to the Bay area safely. We drove to Oregon first, which took us about 6 hours. We stayed at our Ninang's place there. Then we left the next morning for the final leg of our trip. It took us 12 hours with a couple of stops. We were driving to the limit because I was paranoid. But that's just me. We had to face some rain and hail through the mountains. So we wanted to take it easy. I commend Ed for doing most of the driving. I only drove the last 3 hours. He thought it appropriate I officially drove myself "home". It was momentuous.

Don't think I'll do the drive again in the near future. And just in case you're wondering, Ed and I didn't fight once the whole way. Geez, it really must be love...hehehe...cheez cheez cheez...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home