It's Official.
It's been more than a year since Ed and I got married in my brother's backyard. November 29 will mark our one year anniversary of getting married in the Catholic church. Since then, I have quit my job, moved to a different country, got pregnant and had a baby and got my permanent resident card. About a month ago, Ed and I bought the house that we are living in from his parents. Today, they moved out. So that means the house is ours.
Now we are left with a big house to fill up. Man, does an empty house REALLY look empty. They left some furniture but we still have a lot of filling up to do. We want to do some renovations and buy new furniture. We'll probably do a lot painting too. I am really excited to fix up Isaac's new room, the kitchen and our own bedroom. We have a list of things to do and we still need to prioritize the items.
Although it is a good thing for us to have our own space, I still feel that guilt that we have taken over our parents' home. Ed's parents have been pretty eager to move into the smaller house that they have since Melissa (Ed's sister) and her husband moved out. We were there this evening and the house is pretty much set up. It only took them 4 days to do it. They were on the go since Thursday. Ed's mom said that she was excited because they were returning back to the home they originally started in. It's like they have come full circle. I thought that was kind of neat.
It's crazy, I never thought that at this point in my life I would actually have the things that I do. It really makes me feel blessed. So God, even though I may not talk to you all the time, I really have a lot to be thankful for.
Now we are left with a big house to fill up. Man, does an empty house REALLY look empty. They left some furniture but we still have a lot of filling up to do. We want to do some renovations and buy new furniture. We'll probably do a lot painting too. I am really excited to fix up Isaac's new room, the kitchen and our own bedroom. We have a list of things to do and we still need to prioritize the items.
Although it is a good thing for us to have our own space, I still feel that guilt that we have taken over our parents' home. Ed's parents have been pretty eager to move into the smaller house that they have since Melissa (Ed's sister) and her husband moved out. We were there this evening and the house is pretty much set up. It only took them 4 days to do it. They were on the go since Thursday. Ed's mom said that she was excited because they were returning back to the home they originally started in. It's like they have come full circle. I thought that was kind of neat.
It's crazy, I never thought that at this point in my life I would actually have the things that I do. It really makes me feel blessed. So God, even though I may not talk to you all the time, I really have a lot to be thankful for.

9 Comments:
Congratulations! This is definately an exciting time for you guys! I'm so jealous!
By
Mel, at 7:29 AM
Wow, congrats you guys. I can't even fathom when I'll be at that point in my life, it seems so far away from where I am now. Yet the way you discibe how it happened to you makes it seem like you got this really good gift and as quickly as you could unwrap it you had a whole new life. One day...Rhoel.
By
R, at 9:38 AM
Tina and Ed,
congratulations! I can only imagine how exciting that is... I AM SOOOOOO JEALOUS!! If you guys need help painting or remodeling or moving stuff... John, Angelo, and Ledge are always ready to help... they want to learn how to do the remodeling stuff and need some training ground!!! hhehehe
Laurie
By
Anonymous, at 10:04 AM
whoa, i didn't know ed's parents moved out! Congratulations on the house!!! :) bev
By
bev, at 11:19 AM
Congrats! That's awesome news!
By
Mur, at 1:05 PM
SAweet, a guest room!! =)
congrats guys!
By
cristina, at 4:05 PM
Hey Mighty Mom, keep your comments about learning how to renovate to yourself.
Tina/Ed-if you need anything, give me a call. ;p
By
Big Sexy, at 8:25 PM
Congrats Tina & Ed!
If you want you can practice with your Big Brother!
You guys will be able to get some practice when you visit us here in December! Looks like we'll be painting and laying down floors during my Holidays in December.
If you are lucky I may be done before you guys get here.
We'll see!
Take Care Sis!
Brother Mel
By
Anonymous, at 9:02 PM
Hi Tina! That is exciting news - congratulations! Now, if Ed wants to go to Home Depot and Lowes everyday, let him - it's only natural ;-P
By
Gary, at 8:04 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home