On My Job
As a collections person, I have to make a lot of calls to ask people for money owed to the company. This company has clients all over the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. So, it's kind of cool to make calls to these places because it almost makes you feel like you are over there.
Each time I call someone from the east coast, particularly the New England area, I get that east coast accent and it always makes me want to talk like them. Same thing goes for those southern accents. I find that I tend to talk slower and have that southern drawl when I speak to someone in say, South Carolina. This morning I have been calling Canadian customers and listening to that BC accent makes me want to go home. I also managed to call people in Quebec and wanted to bust out my French just to practice. I love calling Puerto Rico because most calls I make are to resorts. Oooo... sometimes I pretend I am calling to make a reservation... just kidding.
I guess you can say I am enjoying my job and have been quite comfortable trying to collect money from people, even though it can be a pain at times. At least I can pretend to be in far off places even for a brief moment.
Each time I call someone from the east coast, particularly the New England area, I get that east coast accent and it always makes me want to talk like them. Same thing goes for those southern accents. I find that I tend to talk slower and have that southern drawl when I speak to someone in say, South Carolina. This morning I have been calling Canadian customers and listening to that BC accent makes me want to go home. I also managed to call people in Quebec and wanted to bust out my French just to practice. I love calling Puerto Rico because most calls I make are to resorts. Oooo... sometimes I pretend I am calling to make a reservation... just kidding.
I guess you can say I am enjoying my job and have been quite comfortable trying to collect money from people, even though it can be a pain at times. At least I can pretend to be in far off places even for a brief moment.

1 Comments:
it must be hard to be in collections! i would think you would get a lot of rude people on the phone...
By
bev, at 8:26 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home