Ouch.
So I finally found a place here in Fremont that threads eyebrows. I love threading because it is so easy, cheap and less painful than other methods of removing unwanted hair. I walked by this place and thought, hmmmm, I wonder if they thread and as soon as I walk in, they ask me, "Are you here to be threaded?" I thought to myself, "Cool! I finally found it!" I didn't have time that day to get threaded and I felt that my eyebrows weren't bushy enough.
I went back a week later. Man, this was the first threading place I've been to that actually hurt. I sat there and every single time she pulled I wanted to cry. I have little scars to prove she drew a little blood. Ouch! Now that NEVER happened to me before. To top that off, when I went to pay it came up to $10.00! Double ouch! I know that doesn't seem to be too expensive. But in Vancouver there are places you can go to for half that price or less for the job that was done on me. My mom and I used to regularly go to a place on Fraser in Vancouver that charged us the same amount for the two of us!
Oh well, I am pretty sure that will probably not be the last time I visit that salon. When I asked her if there were other salons that did threading, she replied that they were the only ones locally. I believed her for a split second and then I thought, "Of course she'd say that! Duh?" Let's hope my next visit will be better.
I went back a week later. Man, this was the first threading place I've been to that actually hurt. I sat there and every single time she pulled I wanted to cry. I have little scars to prove she drew a little blood. Ouch! Now that NEVER happened to me before. To top that off, when I went to pay it came up to $10.00! Double ouch! I know that doesn't seem to be too expensive. But in Vancouver there are places you can go to for half that price or less for the job that was done on me. My mom and I used to regularly go to a place on Fraser in Vancouver that charged us the same amount for the two of us!
Oh well, I am pretty sure that will probably not be the last time I visit that salon. When I asked her if there were other salons that did threading, she replied that they were the only ones locally. I believed her for a split second and then I thought, "Of course she'd say that! Duh?" Let's hope my next visit will be better.

4 Comments:
I've been wanting to open up a threading business for a long time now. Just waiting for a windfall of money to come my way.
By
Mur, at 3:28 PM
that sounds painful! I just pluck instead :) bev
By
bev, at 10:52 PM
I guess this is a Middle-Eastern or Indian practice. With all the Indian and Middle Eastern people in Fremont, there's gotta be more than one place doing threading. Fremont has the most Afghanistans outside of Kabul.
By
neekoh, at 12:23 PM
Tin Tin!
Just got threaded today and luckily didn't have any unwanted encounters today....didn't hurt today...i think at certain times of the month it hurts more...if you have scars you must have had a rookie cuz that shouldn't happen! Anyway, when you're back home we'll pay a visit to the ladies on Fraser!
Mish M.
By
Anonymous, at 12:48 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home