ANTS!!
I HATE THEM!
This past month they have been appearing and reappearing everywhere in our house. I can understand why they love food and congregate around it but what do they want in the bathroom. I have probably gone through a thousand toothbrushes this past month because they seem to LOVE my medicine cabinet. They love to hang out in the sink too! What is with that? I don't get it.
This morning, they found the pantry. We had left a package of Golden Oreos open and the ants found their treasure. I didn't have the pleasure of seeing the summit but apparently it was pretty nasty. Ed had to spray and clean them up. He said there were 5 lines of them coming from the light switch in the wall. He had to clean out the pantry and throw out any opened food packages. We are learning from now on we must ALWAYS put opened packages in resealable containers. Thanks Babe, for cleaning it up. I know that if I saw the mess of ants in there I would have screamed.
We've used the ant traps and the sprays and neither have been successful in getting rid of them. Sometimes, the husband likes to spray the ants dead and leave them lying around a bit so that their "friends" who try to come out again learn from their fallen buddies. I hate having dead ants all over the place. One of our friends uses a pest control person to get rid of their ants for them. They pay quite a monthly fee to get rid of them on a regular basis. Maybe that is something we should invest in.
I have no sympathy for these pests. Cute ants only exist in Disney motion pictures.
This past month they have been appearing and reappearing everywhere in our house. I can understand why they love food and congregate around it but what do they want in the bathroom. I have probably gone through a thousand toothbrushes this past month because they seem to LOVE my medicine cabinet. They love to hang out in the sink too! What is with that? I don't get it.
This morning, they found the pantry. We had left a package of Golden Oreos open and the ants found their treasure. I didn't have the pleasure of seeing the summit but apparently it was pretty nasty. Ed had to spray and clean them up. He said there were 5 lines of them coming from the light switch in the wall. He had to clean out the pantry and throw out any opened food packages. We are learning from now on we must ALWAYS put opened packages in resealable containers. Thanks Babe, for cleaning it up. I know that if I saw the mess of ants in there I would have screamed.
We've used the ant traps and the sprays and neither have been successful in getting rid of them. Sometimes, the husband likes to spray the ants dead and leave them lying around a bit so that their "friends" who try to come out again learn from their fallen buddies. I hate having dead ants all over the place. One of our friends uses a pest control person to get rid of their ants for them. They pay quite a monthly fee to get rid of them on a regular basis. Maybe that is something we should invest in.
I have no sympathy for these pests. Cute ants only exist in Disney motion pictures.

6 Comments:
yuck. a few ants don't bother me. But it's when they congregate and look like one big black mass that I get sooooo disgusted!
By
Mur, at 11:22 AM
Bev's parents have the same problem. The little black annoying ants.
Bev says it is because it is starting to get cold outside and they are looking for warmer places. Warm humid air seems to come from bathrooms.
I haven't watched a discovery show to confirm or deny that yet.
My favorite pastime was using a magnifying glass to burn ants. It kept me occupied for hours. ;-P
By
Gary, at 12:02 PM
That is true. My bathroom at my parent's house gets ants during the winter for no apparent reason. They're just crawling around, snooping in the drawers and medicine cabinet.
During the summer at my parent's house, you could leave out a whole open package of Oreos and nothing would happen. But in the winter, leave out an empty Coke can overnight and in the morning there's a trail!! They also crawl around the pantry but not really focusing in on any one thing.
The only thing they can't seem to reach is the kitchen or dining table.
bev
By
bev, at 12:34 PM
btw just got your comment. We got our tree at Target (check my blog for details :)) They are having a great sale on trees right now but go early before they run out!
bev
By
bev, at 1:53 PM
try one of those ant poisons that the ants carry back to their nest. then you can kill them at the source. this worked great at my parents' house.
By
Oliver, at 4:08 PM
Another thing that worked for us is the RAID anit ant chalk. If you can remember their point of entry (hole in the wall, gap in the outlet) just draw a line with the chalk around it and believe me, after a couple of days, they will be gone. Logic behind it is, since they always walk like soldiers,once they walk on the chalk line, they will infect their "walk line" with the poison and thus killing a lot of them and forcing them to go somewhere else. It worked for me.
By
Big Sexy, at 9:49 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home