Life According to Mrs. Cruz

Monday, May 03, 2004

Missing Out

It sucks having to miss out on big events with family and friends so far away. This morning I was reading other people's blogs and most of the topic of discussion was VJ's birthday bash. If you haven't done so already, check out Cris' photos online. Everyone looked great! And it seemed like it was the party of the century. Happy 30th VJ!

Yesterday was also my neice's (Kyla) First Communion. So my family all went to church together to watch her take the body of Christ for the first time. Kyla's so funny...I called her to congratulate her on her moment and when I asked her how it tasted, she replied, "It tasted like paper." On top of that, there was kid who had a nose bleed and another who fainted during the mass. It's drama like that that I hate to miss. There is also something about seeing little boys and girls dressed in white and their Sunday's best to receive this sacrament. It really does bring a tear to your eye. After Kyla's big moment, the family all gathered to Mel and Suzette's house for a small BBQ. Obviously, Ed and I were the only ones missing. Suzette said I would probably cry when I look at the family pics. I am sure I would.

So it's moments like these that I will have to get used to. Those "I wish I were there" moments. A couple of upcoming events I will also be missing are Toni and Colin's wedding, Frances and Matt's wedding, my 10 year class reunion, the birth of one of my really good friends, Katrina, first child and KP's road trip and show in Campbell River. Not only that, things are in the works here for my own baby shower and there are a lot of close family and friends I would like to join in to celebrate with us.

Don't get me wrong, I am loving it here in California. But with every good there is a bad. So I just have to take it with a little grain of salt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home