The Best Ice Cream Ever...
I had the perfect ice cream today. If you are ever in San Francisco, you must go to Mitchell's Ice Creamery. I couldn't believe it took Ed so long for him to take me there. We have driven by this place so many times and each time we passed by Ed always said, "Ooooo...that's a good place to get ice cream." We never stopped by....until today. We had just finshed having dinner at a Mexican restaurant in the Mission district with some Likha friends and were in the area for some good ice cream. When we got there, there was a line up so we had to take a number. While we waited, I scanned the menu and my mouth started watering. I went bug eyed at all the ice cream cones and sundaes that were walking out the door. I couldn't decide between a banana split, mocha kahlua or a peach ice cream. They also had some Filipino fruit flavours like macapuno, ube, langka, etc. and you could even order halo-halo (and it wasn't even a Filipino restaurant). There were so many choices and our number was going to be called soon. Ed decided to get a chocolate dipped caramel praline. I narrowed my choice down to a mocha kahlua or a peach ice cream. I asked the server if I could taste both of them. He first came back with a small spoonful of mocha kahlua. When I ate it, it was absolutely heavenly! Then he came back with the spoon of peach. At first I didn't know what to think of the peach, so I decided on the mocha kahlua. But then as he was getting my cone, my gut instinct told me to change my mind and get the peach. Both were sooo good. But I did decide on the peach and it was the perfect consistency and flavour. The peach even had little bits of peach in it. It was also hard enough so that it didn't melt right away or didn't fall off your cone in one big chunk. I savoured every bite and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Maybe it's the pregnancy that is making me like this ice cream so much. Or maybe it really is the best ice cream place in SF. In any case I hope to visit Mitchell more often in the future and not just drive by. It is the place to be if you are an ice cream lover or just need a quick sugar fix.

3 Comments:
Mitchell's has been around since I was little. The filipino flavors are the BEST!! :) bev
By
Anonymous, at 12:56 PM
Oooooh! I haven't been there since I first moved here!
By
Gary, at 4:57 PM
Mitchell's is one of the best ice cream places in the city. I remember when we used to have rondalla practice at Fides' house, I would always try to pass by and buy a gallon of icecream for the house....good times
By
Big Sexy, at 10:22 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home