Life According to Mrs. Cruz

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Where did May go???

I know....I know.... Where the hell have I been? I can't believe it's almost been a whole month since my last blog entry. It has been a crazy busy month. The baby shower was two weeks ago and we were busy prepariing for that. We also had a slew of visitors come in and out of La Casa Cruz the past two weeks. My mommy came to visit for two and a half weeks. She arrived May 17 and left yesterday...already missing her. We were in LA this past weekend visiting one of my aunts who lives in Chino Hills. Damn, was it ever hot there. I bet you've probably read Michelle's entry on her trip with her husband here. They were here during the Canadian long weekend. We had a good time showing them around the bay, even though they were only here for a short time. Then my good ol' friend from my childhood days, Rodel, stayed with us on his way back to Vancouver from San Diego and LA. He's the only guy I know who'll sit on a bus for 24 hours to get home.

On top of all that, I can't believe the baby will be here in less than two months. I am in my 33rd week and feeling good. I'm really starting to feel the pressure in the lower abdominal area and I keep reading that it's a sign the baby is starting to lower itself into position for delivery. Pretty scary....but feels really cool cuz it's almost the end. At my last doctor's appointment, she told me how the baby was positioned. Basically, the head is in the lower part of the abdomen and his or her back is along my right hand side and the legs are at the top. No wonder, I keep feeling the baby kick my ribs...OUCH! In three weeks, the baby will be full term and then I can give birth at any time. My official due date is July 21. I am betting on the week before, possibly between the 10 and 17.....Anybody have any guesses???

3 Comments:

  • hehehehe must have been an amazing month, to get u all cheered up, so many vnacouverites coming down .... ya i had to take the bus home, it was the only way I could keep the trip home off the credit cards .... it was fine, stopped almost every 2-3 hours to stretch or eat ... n the last 4 hours, which usually feels like the longest part of the trip, I had a good time ... made a friend out some full of drama pinay chick whos a blast to talk to living in tacoma, made that last few hours fly by ... thanx again for everything (including dealing our poker game)... RODEL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:18 AM  

  • hehehehe must have been an amazing month, to get u all cheered up, so many vancouverites coming down .... ya i had to take the bus home, it was the only way I could keep the trip home off the credit cards .... it was fine, stopped almost every 2-3 hours to stretch or eat ... n the last 4 hours, which usually feels like the longest part of the trip, I had a good time ... made a friend out some full of drama pinay chick whos a blast to talk to living in tacoma, made that last few hours fly by ... thanx again for everything (including dealing our poker game)... RODEL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:18 AM  

  • ...i predict a boy, july 10th!

    randy

    By Blogger double R, at 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home